This assessment involves assessing the candidates knowledge and skills on Crane / Lifting Supervisors through theory and practical assessment.
Overview of Assessment
• Legislation, regulations and Codes of Practice relating to lifting duties
• Safe systems of work including method statements
• Taking personal responsibility
• Different types of cranes and associated terminology
• Understanding crane documentation
• Understanding crane stability, duty charts and safety devices
• Crane appreciation
• Observing British Standard 7121
• Understanding the role of crane supervisor
• Understanding the role of appointed person
• Preparing an area with exclusion zones.
• UK CSCS health & safety test within the previous 2 years
• PPS number
• PPE Equipment
2 Day Training & 1 Day Assessment for Red Card
From Red to Blue
Your Red CPCS Trained Operator Card is valid for 2 years. During these 2 years you must achieve your NVQ in Plant Operations to upgrade to a Blue CPCS Competence Card.