This assessment involves assessing the candidates knowledge and skills on Crane / Lifting Supervisors through theory and practical assessment.
• Legislation, regulations and Codes of Practice relating to lifting duties
• Safe systems of work including method statements
• Taking personal responsibility
• Different types of cranes and associated terminology
• Understanding crane documentation
• Understanding crane stability, duty charts and safety devices
• Crane appreciation
• Observing British Standard 7121
• Understanding the role of crane supervisor
• Understanding the role of appointed person
• Preparing an area with exclusion zones.
• UK CSCS health & safety test within the previous 2 years
• PPS number
• PPE Equipment
2 Day Training & 1 Day Assessment for Red Card
Your Red CPCS Trained Operator Card is valid for 2 years. During these 2 years you must achieve your NVQ in Plant Operations to upgrade to a Blue CPCS Competence Card.
CITB CPCS Card
If you are unemployed and seeking work, you may be eligible for funding from the Department of Social Protection to cover all, or some of the costs of your training. (means depending, you may be entitled to up to €1000).
Candidates who wish to avail of this must make an appointment with a case officer in their local Intreo office, discuss their case & apply for funding. The candidate will receive a funding application form which they must sign & bring/post to us. Upon completion, we will send this back to the case officer who will then review the funding application.
Upon receiving funding approval in the post from the Department of Social Protection, candidates must then call us to reserve a place on our course. We cannot confirm a place on our course until funding approval is gained.
If employed within the private sector or are a sole trader, there may also be funding assistance available through Skillnet funding. Skillnet may fund a percentage of your training, if eligible. For more details on this, please contact us on 074 91 27786.