This assessment involves assessing the candidates knowledge and skills on the Ride on Roller through theory and practical assessment.
Overview of Assessment
• Describe the nature of the sector of industry and their role and responsibilities as a plant operator.
• Name and explain the purpose of principal components, the basic construction, controls and terminology.
• Confirm with manufacturer’s requirements as per the operator’s handbook, other types of information source and relevant regulations and legislation.
• Undertake all pre – use checks.
• Configure and set for travel.
• Travel over rough, undulating ground, substantial inclines and level surfaces.
• Maneuver in confined spaces.
• Configure and set for compacting duties.
• Explain action required for hazards, underground and overhead services.
• Compact loose granular materials to specification.
• Compact straight lines and around radii.
• Compact supported and unsupported edges.
• Explain the principles, requirements and techniques of good compaction.
• Carry out shut down and securing procedures.
• Explain the loading and unloading procedures for machine transporting
• UK CSCS health & safety test within the previous 2 years
• PPS number
• PPE Equipment
From Red to Blue
Your Red CPCS Trained Operator Card is valid for 2 years. During these 2 years you must achieve your NVQ in Plant Operations to upgrade to a Blue CPCS Competence Card.