This assessment involves assessing the candidates knowledge and skills on the Slinging & Signalling through theory and practical assessment.
Overview of Assessment
• Establish the weight and dimensions of loads and communicate this information to the crane operator
• Select appropriate lifting tackle and attach and detach it correctly and safely
• Use clear and unambiguous signals to direct the actions of a crane moving loads of various weights and dimensions
• Determine the serviceability of lifting accessories, and maintain and store them.
• A40A Slinger / Signaller – All Duties
• A40B Slinger / Signaller – Static Duties
• A40C Slinger / Signaller – Knuckle Boom – Static Duties
• A40D Slinger / Signaller – Excavator (180 & 360)
• A40e Slinger / Signallet – Lift Trucks
• UK CSCS health & safety test within the previous 2 years
• PPS number
• PPE Equipment
1 Day / 2 Days
From Red to Blue
Your Red CPCS Trained Operator Card is valid for 2 years. During these 2 years you must achieve your NVQ in Plant Operations to upgrade to a Blue CPCS Competence Card.