This assessment involves assessing the candidates knowledge and skills on the Site Dumper through theory and practical assessment.
Overview of Assessment
• Describe the nature of the sector and their role and responsibilities as a plant operator.
• Conform with Manufacturer’s requirements as per the operators handbook, other types of information source and the relevant regulations and legislation.
• Undertake all pre-use checks.
• Configure and ready for travel.
• Travel over rough, undulating ground, steep inclines and level surfaces – loaded and unloaded.
• Manoeuvre whilst carrying loads given different spatial situations.
• Explain actions required for hazards, underground and overhead services.
• Comply with loading procedures.
• Ensure Loading integrity and security.
• Transfer loads to different locations.
• Discharge loads into trenches and over edges.
• Maintain safe and tidy working areas.
• Carry out shut down and securing procedures.
• Explain loading and unloading procedures for machine transporting.
• Name and explain the purpose of principle components, the basic construction, controls and terminology.
• UK CSCS health & safety test within the previous 2 years
• PPS number
• PPE Equipment
A09a - Forward Tipping Dumper (Wheeled)
A09b - Forward Tipping Dumper (Tracked)
From Red to Blue
Your Red CPCS Trained Operator Card is valid for 2 years. During these 2 years you must achieve your NVQ in Plant Operations to upgrade to a Blue CPCS Competence Card.