This assessment involves assessing the candidates knowledge and skills on the Loading Shovel through theory and practical assessment.
Overview of Assessment
• Undertake all pre-start, running checks and shut down procedures, mount and dismount
• Explain precautions to be taken for underground and overhead services and other hazards
• Prepare and configure the wheeled loading shovel for site and road travel
• Place the machine in an out of service condition
• Carry out excavations from an embankment of different materials and form stockpiles and ramps
• Ensure load integrity and security
• Explain loading/unloading procedures for machine transportation.
• UK CSCS health & safety test within the previous 2 years
• PPS number
• PPE Equipment
• A21 Wheeled Loading Shovel
• A22 Tracked Loading Shovel
From Red to Blue
Your Red CPCS Trained Operator Card is valid for 2 years. During these 2 years you must achieve your NVQ in Plant Operations to upgrade to a Blue CPCS Competence Card.