The purpose of this course is to equip the learner with the knowledge, skill and competence to recognise and maintain good health and safety practices in the Childcare sector under a supervised environment.
• To raise health and safety awareness of employees in a childcare setting
• To cover different risks, hazards and controls associated with in a childcare setting
• To raise awareness of fire safety
• Identify our main H&S legislation
• Understand the importance of accident and emergency response and procedures
• Identify the uses and requirements of personal protective equipment (PPE)
• Promote Personal Hygiene practices
• Understand and implement hazard identification and risk assessment
Any employee in the childcare sector who requires general health & safety training & manual handling in childcare
Relevant Health & Safety Legislation
• The Safety, Health and Welfare at Work Act 2005
• The Safety, Health and Welfare at Work (General Application) Regulations 2007 – 2016
• Child Care 1991 (Early Years Services) Regulations 2016
• Participants should be familiar and have a good knowledge of their work environment.
• A good understanding of oral English is required.
• General Safety
• Duties of Employers and Employees
• Fire Safety
• Office Safety
• Accident / Incident Causes and Investigation
• Biological, Chemical and Physical Hazards
• Safety Signs
• Health Promotion
• First Aid
• Hazard Identification, Risk Assessment & Control measures
• Manual Handling in Childcare
Method of Delivery
• PowerPoint presentation
• Practical Demonstrations
• Questions and Answers Sessions
Participants are required to complete 20 short answer questions and a risk assessment project to achieve certification. These are completed during course time.
2 x Safetech Certificates. Moving & Handling in Childcare (Valid for 3 years) & Health & Safety Awareness in Childcare (No expiry)