HACCP (Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Point) helps food businesses review and improve how they handle food. It’s a proven system that ensures the food you produce is safe to eat.
If your business serves food, you are required by law to have a food safety management system based on the principles of HACCP.
Over the three days the following topics will be covered:
1. Introduction to Food Safety & relevant legislation
2. Food Safety Hazards
3. Food Safety Controls from Delivery through to Service/despatch
4. Personal Hygiene, Cleaning, Premises & equipment design, Pest control
5. Importance of a Food Safety Management System (FSMS) based on principles of HACCP
6. Management responsibility
8. Conducting a hazard analysis & considering control measures
9. Determining critical control points
10 Establishing critical limits & corrective action
11. Effective verification procedures & record keeping
12. Continuous FSMS improvement
Candidates should have previously completed a basic Food Safety course and ideally have some experience working in the food industry.
Method of Delivery
Who is this course for?
For supervisors and managers within catering, retail and manufacturing industries
CIEH Intermediate certificate in HACCP
Examination (40 x multiple choice questions)