This assessment involves assessing the candidates knowledge and skills on the Tower Crane through theory and practical assessment.
Overview of Assessment
• Operate the tower crane safely and productively
• Respond to the recognised signals for controlling crane operations
• Decide whether a particular load is within the capacity of the crane
• Carry out minor adjustments and routine maintenance
• Understand the capabilities of the equipment and any relevant safety precautions, including the out of service procedure
• Operate safe-load indicators and overload warning devices
• Understand the effect of the working radius on the lifting capacity of the machine
• Secure, check and maintain counterweights effectively
• Gauge the effect of shock loading on structural strength and stability
• Recognise the principles of safe slinging, the types and capacities of lifting gear, security and balance of load
• Observe the statutory regulations in respect of lifting equipment and the operator’s own legal responsibilities.
• UK CSCS health & safety test within the previous 2 years
• PPS number
• PPE Equipment
• A04A Tower Crane – Trolley Jib
• AO4B Tower Crane – Luffing Jib
From Red to Blue
Your Red CPCS Trained Operator Card is valid for 2 years. During these 2 years you must achieve your NVQ in Plant Operations to upgrade to a Blue CPCS Competence Card.