This assessment involves assessing the candidates knowledge and skills on the Mobile Crane through theory and practical assessment.
Overview of Assessment
• Operate mobile cranes safely and productively
• Respond to recognised crane signals accurately
• Position the crane correctly
• Alter jib lengths and associated safety devices
• Carry out minor adjustments and routine maintenance
• Understand duties charts
• Programme safe-load indicators
• Understand the basic theory of power units, transmission systems and control systems
• Understand the effects of radius change on the safe working capacity
• Observe statutory regulations and Codes of Practice
• Gauge the effect of shock loading on structural strength, stability and load displacement
• Recognise the principles of safe slinging, the types and capacities of chains, slings and lifting gear
• Understand the safe use of outriggers
• Be aware of transport regulations and how to prepare to go on the public highway.
• UK CSCS health & safety test within the previous 2 years
• PPS number
• PPE Equipment
• A60A Mobile Crane – Block Duties Only
• A60B Mobile Crane – Pick & Carry Duties Only
• A60C Mobile Crane – All Duties
From Red to Blue
Your Red CPCS Trained Operator Card is valid for 2 years. During these 2 years you must achieve your NVQ in Plant Operations to upgrade to a Blue CPCS Competence Card.