This assessment involves assessing the candidates knowledge and skills on the Counterbalance Forklift through theory and practical assessment.
Overview of Assessment
• Describe the nature of the sector of industry and their role and responsibilities as a plant operator.
• Name and explain the purpose of principal components, the basic construction, controls and terminology.
• Confirm with manufacturer’s requirements as per the operator’s handbook, other types of information source and relevant regulations and legislation.
• Undertake all pre – use checks.
• Configure and ready for travel.
• Travel over rough, undulating ground, steep inclines and level surfaces (with and without loads).
• Maneuver in confined spaces (with and without loads).
• Configure and set for lifting and transferring duties.
• Explain action required for hazards, underground and overhead services.
• Lift and remove various loads up to full working height of the forklift.
• Transfer and place loads accurately at given locations.
• Place and remove loads from a vehicle.
• Maintain safe working situations.
• Maintain safe and tidy working areas.
• Carry out shut down and securing procedures.
• Explain the loading and unloading procedures for machine transporting.
• UK CSCS health & safety test within the previous 2 years
• PPS number
• PPE Equipment
From Red to Blue
Your Red CPCS Trained Operator Card is valid for 2 years. During these 2 years you must achieve your NVQ in Plant Operations to upgrade to a Blue CPCS Competence Card.