This one day refresher provides Construction Managers and Supervisors with the most up-to-date health and safety knowledge and legislation within the construction sector.
To refresh and update the knowledge and skills previous obtained during the Managing Safely for Construction Managers 4 day course
Objectives / On completion of the course the participant will be able to
• Describe their health and safety responsibilities as a manager in the construction industry
• Define what is meant by ‘risk’ & risk assessment in managing safely
• Identify appropriate risk control methods
• Carry out an accident investigation
• Be able to measure H&S performance
• Recognise the impact of the construction industry on the environment
• Describe how pollution and waste can be controlled
Existing IOSH Managing Safely for Construction Managers Course holders who completed the 4 day course within the last 3 years (3 years from the date shown on existing IOSH cert).
Relevant Health & Safety Legislation
Safety Health and Welfare at Work (Construction) Regulations 2013
Safety, Health and Welfare at Work Act 2005
Safety, Health and Welfare at Work (General Application) Regulations 2007 - 2016
Participant must have completed the IOSH Managing Safely for Construction Managers Course (4 days course) or IOSH Managing Safely for Construction Managers refresher course within the last 3 years (3 years from the date shown on existing IOSH cert).
• Understand current legislation regarding to health and safety in construction
• Understanding different roles and responsibilities
• Identify hazards within construction and decide on suitable control measures to reduce the risk
• Investigating incidents and accidents
• Measuring Performance
Method of Delivery
• PowerPoint presentation
• Practical Demonstrations
• Question & Answer sessions
• Visual Aids
• Theory assessment
Multiple-choice and short answer assessment paper (45 mins)
An IOSH Managing Safely for Construction Managers Certificate is awarded to all those who successfully complete IOSH Managing Safely for Construction Managers Refresher Course. This certificate is valid for 3 years.