One of the greatest threats to the health of medical professionals and their patients is the failure to properly control the spread of infection.
The World Health Organisation describe Infection prevention and control (IPC) as a ‘practical, evidence-based approach which prevents patients and health workers from being harmed by avoidable infections’. Preventing health care-associated infections (HCAI’s) avoids unnecessary harm or death, and reduces the spread of antimicrobial resistance (AMR). Preventing HCAI’s has never been more important.
WHO IS THIS COURSE AIMED AT:
This course is for people working in the healthcare and nursing areas, or any profession where infection control and management of it, is required.
• Introduction to Infection control
• HCAI causes and occurrences.
• Chain of Infection
• Controlling Infection risks
• Hand Hygiene - Practical demonstration & assessment
• Waste Management and Decontamination issues.
• Personal Protection Equipment – Practical demonstration & assessment.
METHOD OF DELIVERY:
• Powerpoint presentation
• Class activities & discussion
• Practical demonstrations
On successful completion of this course, certification is valid for 2 years
Participants will be evaluated on key infection control techniques; competency must be demonstrated in all areas.
Multiple choice written exam.