This QQI approved Safety and Health at Work course will provide delegates with the skills and knowledge to promote and maintain safety and health in the working environment. It will identify best health and safety practice and applicable health, safety and welfare legislation.
It will identify best safety and health practice and applicable safety, health and welfare at work legislation.
To provide the learner with the skills and knowledge to promote and maintain safety and health in the working environment.
Objectives / On completion of this course the participant will be able to:
• Be familiar with core legislation in the area of safety, health and welfare
• Understand the concepts of safety and health
• Recognise the factors that influence health, safety and welfare
• Apply the principles and procedures of health and safety to the workplace
• Understand the importance of hazard identification and risk assessment
• Promote safe working practices and procedures
This course is aimed at employees with health and safety responsibility such as managers or supervisors. This course will provide information to participants to assist management in the day to day safety requirements within their workplace.
This course is aimed at any employee within the workplace who may be looking to take on a role within health safety in their own company.
Please note this Training Programme will not train personnel to become health and safety professional in a new company or act as health and safety consultants but it may be used as a stepping stone to this career.
Relevant Health & Safety Legislation
Safety, Health and Welfare at Work Act 2005
Safety, Health and Welfare at Work (General Application) Regulations 2007 - 2016
Safety Health and Welfare at Work (Construction) Regulations 2013
• Participants should be familiar and have a good knowledge of their work environment.
• A good understanding of written and oral English is required.
• Health & Safety Legislation
• Roles and functions of Health and Safety Authority
• Hazard Identification and Risk Assessment
• Safety Statements
• Fire and Emergency Planning
• Accident Causation, Investigation & Reporting
• Biological Safety
• Chemical Safety
• Physical Safety including Machine Safety, Abrasive Wheels, Workplace Transport, Tool Safety, Noise and Vibration
• Construction Safety
• Working at Heights
• Lifting Safety
• Health Promotions
• Sensitive Risk Groups
• First Aid at Work
• Safety Signage
Method Of Delivery
• PowerPoint presentation
• Practical Demonstrations
• Question & Answer sessions
• Visual Aids
• Theory Assessment
This Course is a QQI approved course. Successful participants will receive a QQI L5 Safety & Health at Work Certificate.
This is a theory based examination of 90 minutes duration that assesses the candidate's ability to recall and apply theory and understanding of components from all the units. Candidates will be required to complete in writing or orally. 10 short answer questions and 2 structured questions.
Assignments X 2: 60%
Candidates will be required to complete 2 projects that demonstrate their ability to carry out a risk assessment (including identifying hazards, risks and control measures) within their work environment and initiate a health promotion idea within their working environment.