The purpose of this course is to equip the learner with the knowledge, skill and competence to recognise and maintain good health and safety practices in a familiar supervised environment.
• To raise health and safety awareness of employees
• To cover different risks, hazards and controls associated with the workplace
• To raise awareness of fire safety
• Identify our main H&S legislation
• Understand the importance of accident and emergency response and procedures
• Identify the uses and requirements of personal protective equipment (PPE)
• Promote Personal Hygiene practices
• Understand and implement hazard identification and risk assessment
Relevant Health and Safety Legislation
• The Safety, Health and Welfare at Work Act 2005
• The Safety, Health and Welfare at Work (General Application) Regulations 2007 - 2016
Any employee in the workplace who requires general health & safety training & manual handling training
• General Safety
• Duties of Employers and Employees
• Fire Safety
• Office Safety
• Accident / Incident Causes and Investigation
• Biological, Chemical and Physical Hazards
• Safety Signs
• Health Promotion
• First Aid
• Hazard Identification, Risk Assessment & Control measures
• Manual Handling
• Participants should be familiar and have a good knowledge of their work environment.
• A good understanding of oral English is required.
• PPS Number
Method of Delivery
• Practical Demonstrations
• Questions and Answers Sessions
• PowerPoint presentation
QQI L3 Health & Safety Awareness Certificate (no expiration) & a Safetech Manual Handling Certificate (valid for 3 years)
Participants must attend two full days and successfully complete all 20 short answer questions and a risk assesment project to achieve certification. Theses are completed during course time.