Intended for farmers who wish to learn about Health and Safety and complete the Farm Safety Code of Practice - Risk Assessment document. It addresses the main areas of farm hazards and offers advice on solutions and control measures.
Designed for all farmers. This course is designed to give a practical approach to improving safety on the farm. Course is suitable for anyone who works on a farm.
- Introduction & Housekeeping
- Aims & Objectives
- Background to Farm Safety
- Work Safety legislation and duty of care on the farmer
- Accident / Incident Statistics
- Guidance to Completion of Farm Safety Risk Assessment Document
- Tractors, Farm Vehicles and ATV'S
- Farmyard and Building Safety
- Health of farmers
Safety Signs on Farms
- Competence and Training
- Reporting of Accidents
- Safe System of Work Plan
Learners who attend this module will:
Method of Delivery
1 Day (½ day courses can also be arranged)
Full Safetech certification of attendance is provided on successful completion of this course.
Max. No. Participants
Please note is it advised all participants bring their own Farm Safety Code of Practice - Risk Assessment Document as this can be completed during the course.