This course is designed to meet the requirements for working safely in confined spaces in line with the Confined Space Regulations 2001, code of practice 2010 along with other key legislation.
To enable delegates to understand and effectively comply with the relevant legislation and regulations associated with confined space working in medium risk areas. They will be trained to understand how to safely select, use, visually inspect and maintain confined space equipment including emergency escape breathing apparatus, enter and work safely in medium risk confined spaces and act on an emergency ensuring that arrangements are in place. This will include:
• Prepare to enter and work safely in medium risk confined spaces
• Enter and exit confined spaces safely
• Prepare and use escape breathing apparatus in accordance with manufacturers’ specifications
• Use equipment and tools safely and in accordance with manufacturers’ instructions
• Follow procedures and work safely
• Deal with emergencies
• Use appropriate behavior for working in medium risk confined spaces
• Use appropriate industry knowledge for working in medium risk confined Spaces
• Apply relevant industry standards for working in medium risk confined spaces
• Introduction to course
• Health and safety overview
• Confined space regulations
• Hazardous Environments
• Gas and environment monitoring
• Risk assessments and Method Statements
• Personal protective equipment
• Safety equipment
• Respiratory Protective Equipment (Escape breathing apparatus)
• Safe entry procedures
• Safe working procedures
• Safe exit procedures
• Emergency arrangements
• Practical exercise
• Company/industry specific confined space policy and procedures.
A combination of classroom based activity, syndicate working and Presentation/demonstrations, practical application and question and answer paper. A wide range of video and photographic material is used to enhance the learning experience for delegates.
2 days. For delegates with no confined space experience 3 days will be required.
Number of Delegates